Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meet the Fam!

(Jeannette, Luisa, Me, Uwe, Lina, and Lina's friend Paula)
So this is my new family! I hope you like them 'cause I do. In this picture we're in the center of town which is surrounded by little shops that sell mainly sausages, bread products, chocolate, and cheese. Welcome to my new diet!
So I didn't give you any pictures of my new pets, but let's be honest they look like any other cats, rabbits, and guinea pigs, and fish in the world. Well on that note, time for my random fun fact of the week! In nearly every German TV show you watch, American music sporadically begins to play in the background... The favorite these days is "Just The Way You Are," by Bruno Mars. For anyone who can understand the lyrics is it quite apparent that the songs have nothing to do with the show, so I find it rather amusing everytime I hear them.
I don't think anyone hates reading a continuous paragraph more than me so here's a picture of Spaghetti Eis. Haven't tried it yet...
And we digress... Today was Wandertag. Yes, "Hiking Day" gets its own word in German because it is such an exciting event. And no, hiking is no more enthralling in Germany than in America but it   means no school which is always a good thing. My class spent Wandertag meandering through nearbly towns, stopping to play Fußball, get coffee and ice cream, and to eat butter and cheese sandwiches. I suppose there was no real hiking to be done.. Oh well, it was a lovely excuse to miss school and was... the English word eludes me... well it was fun. Hmm... it seems that my English vocabulary is shrinking at an alarmingly rapid speed here in Deutschland. Perhaps I should read something besides fashion blogs.
By the way it is definitely true that Germans love them some bread. Please take a moment to view this bakery on wheels that comes by every Tuesday and smile with me:

Until next time then, tschüß!


No comments:

Post a Comment