Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

I Promise I'm Alive

I realize that I have not posted now in over a month, but I think I have a legitimate excuse. I was on vacation with my host family on an island in the North Sea for four weeks, where we had no internet. Well, that's not entirely true. There was one Stone Age computer in the lobby of the hospital we stayed in (explanation is soon to come, don't you worry), but that proved to be a promblematic and unrealiable comunication resource. You see, to use the internet one needed to insert Euros into a slot in this computer, and then pray that the power didn't go out whilst online. Of course the power promptly decided to go out as I had about forty minutes of my rather expesive hour remaining. Needless to say I did not attempt to use that computer again, especially considering that I had nearly depleted my source of small coins. Unfortunately sheep don't need an ATM, therefore I had no way to restore my financial resources while on this island. Missed my sheep reference? Don't fret, I will soon be telling you all about my vacation, and all wil become clear. Just because no post is complete without a picture, here is a nice Germany meal I ate on the ship ride to Amrum.
I know Germans are pretty serious about their Wurst, but honestly most of what I eat looks and tastes like any other prepackaged hot dog from the States. Only my lovely Oma can make these things edible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment